Thursday, April 7, 2011

Piano- Mommy Move It Along


Maria has always loved to be at the piano. Her fingers when we started were just so little and often times she couldn't control keeping them on the right keys. But NOW!! Holy smokes!! She does a wonderful job, especially with the rhythm. I just need to be a little more consistent with making sure we practice!


Christina gets easily frustrated at the piano. Sometimes I feel like a tiger mother, but I think she's gotten over the fact that you don't have to play it perfect the first time. She's cried a couple times while I sat and said "AGAIN!!"... but I want her to know she is strong and capable. She can do this. I know she will grow to love piano and she already talks about learning to play so she can play at rest homes to make old people happy. I need to get flashcards for her because she is at the point of reading music without any help. I also need to get her a theory book so she can know the specifics and mechanics behind the notes. I'm hoping that I can get on the ball enough to throw a piano recital for family and friends.


No comments: