Easter morning was quite egg-citing for the girls! They got simple baskets full of goodies from the Easter Bunny. I didn't get a picture before all the commotion and shredding into, but needless to say, lots of sugar was involved.
I had a bit of a panic at one point. Christina had been in the laundry room and noticed a box where I had kept some Easter treats. She looked at the box and then at me. There was no accusation or betrayal in her voice. It was a simple statement. There was no hurt. "Mom, you're the Easter Bunny."
But my goodness, she's 6. Let's keep this up another 4 years at least. I asked her if I looked furry. She smiled. I asked her, why would you think I'm the Easter Bunny? She replied, because I remember seeing carrot bubbles in your box and now they're in my basket. Well.... of course if the Easter Bunny comes over I'm going to offer him stuff I've picked up on clearance. He does all the candy and if he needs help with other types of goodies, I want to be a good helper.
Then the relief set in. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you just help the Easter Bunny!
But where is your basket?
I donate mine to the poor and needy. The Easter Bunny gives me and daddy the choice.
The morning was very spring like. Green and rainy. Just beautiful.
Carrot bubbles and princess paper coloring rolls were the hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment