I love that my children know how to concentrate and work hard. And they love doing so, no complaints.
This birthday boy is 42. Crazy. Joe had a couple requests for his birthday.
1. He wanted to hike a mountain at 5:30AM. Fortunately he was OK with us sleeping while he did so.
2. He wanted to watch the gold cup as a family.
We thought it'd be fun to chill at the lake... literally. So after his little "hike" we set off.
It was a GORGEOUS perfect summer day. It was hot enough where you wanted to go in the water and then the water was cold enough so you wanted to get back out in the sun.
The beach got pretty packed after a while but we had a great spot.
It was extra fun because these little fellows were everywhere!
This is Christina's muscle shot I'm sending into a body builders magazine.
Boogie boarding.
We are so spoiled to have the lake so close. I heart clean water.
Proof that I was there.
After we got some sun and relaxation we headed off for a birthday surprise and treat from my parents. Joe loves seafood and seeing as we live in the desert, this is a problem. However, casinos can fix everything right? So off we headed to Atlantis for a wonderful buffet. We all overate and I thought Elijah might pop out at anytime due to lack of room. Yum. Yum. Yum. Won't be doing that again though anytime soon.
I really wanted to hire a Hispanic man to dress up as a soccer player for Joe's birthday, but the fruitations never happened. I just worry about getting killed by strangers. This wouldn't happen if we lived in Belgium. We all watched the game. It wasn't exciting, but Joe was happy and that's all that matters. Mexico won.
Happy Birthday sweetheart. Here's to another year of life.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Jody!! Looks like it was a fabulous time!
Post a Comment