Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Glasses!!!!!

Wow. Times have changed. It seemed like getting glasses for Christina was quick, easy and efficient.
I guess she has horrible vision.
I blame myself. And Joe.
Because she eats all her vegetables.

Maria was super helpful coat girl. She was so patient and asked intelligent questions. I'm proud of my kiddos.

I had a very proud moment when the doctor was like, I don't know how you do it with 3 children... and Christina answered, "My mommy doesn't have 3, she has 4 children!"
"Time" supposedly heals, but it doesn't. The pain may not be as raw, but everyday I think about my Joe. Every single day I pray he has a good day in heaven. Every single day I think about what life will be like once we're reunited. Every single day I have to confront the fact that he is near me, but not like others perceive.
I have 4 children.
And I'm a proud mother of all my children.
And it's Ok that one of my children has passed on.
In our home we don't pretend death is some stranger, it's here and can happen at anytime. In our home we accept and respect death and realize that God is good and it'll be OK.
The doctor responded very awkward, but kindly.
:)

Fortunately I have the most wonderful best friend ever who saved us a buttload of money. She referred us to Costco where they even had a coupon! It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than the doctor's office. Thanks Ronjula.

She tried on at least 20 pairs. Was very thoughtful and narrowed it down......


to these beauties!! They have these really cool butterflies on the sides and are Guess.
Is it possible that she even looks smarter? Perhaps with glasses they'll take her more seriously and test her for GT like we requested at the beginning of the school year.... 7 months ago?
Seeing as she finished Matilda in 3 days.
Dear Maria, how I love you peeking out from behind.
Must. Be. In. The. Picture.
And our sweet Eli was the best. He is just such a good baby. He was super fussy at the doctor's office and wouldn't eat, but as soon as mommy started dancing with him he smiled his way to sleep. He is my little mango flesh. I adore him.

No comments: