This post is a tribute to a loving Heavenly Father. I know He understands me because I am this fat woman and He is right there with His arms open ready to catch me.
To say this weekend was difficult would be an understatement. Yet, we survive. And I find myself just so grateful for life. For my children. For my Heavenly Father. For my Savior. Because I know that miracles haven't ceased and my life is proof.
Friday at 4 the mother of all mastitis hit. I couldn't move. It was like I was hit by a truck. My fever and chills lasted 2 nights which really isn't a lot, but with an infant it seemed like forever. I couldn't kick the pain.... and of course, Joe was gone. He came back for a few hours but had to leave again and I was barely on the mend. My parents took the girls to church so I could try to rest, but again with the baby that was kind of hard. My mom took the girls to see a movie on Monday which they loved.
The fever left and I could feel my strength come back. I received a blessing and felt calm and peaceful that all would be well. And it was. I'm alive. Tired. But alive. I feel so loved and blessed.
Today, Maria woke up saying her ear hurt and she had a fever. Double ear infection. Yup.
Miracle it happened on a day the doctor was open and not at night!!
Maria has now been sick every single birthday of her life... except possibly her first... I need to check.
Last year double ear infection.
Year before that Bronchitis.
Year before that flu.
Um. Fortunately she's on meds and the doctor says she'll be all better by Thursday!!
The doctor's and picking up of prescription took about 3 hours and I'm already feeling drained.... however, we somehow made it. That somehow is a loving and caring Father. Some might say, well isn't He the one that let all of this happen to you? Sure. But I've gotten to a point in my life where I trust Him more than anything. I know He is there. I know He will take care of me and my family. It may not be how I would want, but He knows best. And He loves me, I can just feel it. It's very humbling because I don't deserve it. And I feel like these things that happen in our life are for our benefit. Sometimes hard things make you stronger. Right? What doesn't kill you??
And now, I'm going to take a nap... hopefully for more than 10 minutes.
But if not, it's all good.
He'll catch me.
1 comment:
omg, so I forgot to mention that I thought you mail was hilarious. I LOVE that Jody would NOT lock the door for the snooty guy. Also so sorry to hear about being sick. BOOURNS! Also, I know it isn't really helpful to you but hearing about Eli makes me REALLY appreciate that he came to me that day at the book club. He loves his aunty and I love him. Whoohoo! We can't wait for the party on Saturday and hope everyone is feeling better!
Post a Comment