Thursday, November 14, 2013

C.T.

So my little, rational, smart, wise Maria has a crush.

He's a good little boy... and a member of our Church, so that makes me happy.

He calls her a stinker. He's not being mean. His grandpa calls him stinker winker and I guess in turn, he refers to Maria as that.

Maria avoids him at all costs. Whenever she sees him she will run and hide. Then she'll peer at him, like a sweet little first grade stalker.

One time on a fieldtrip she was playing and I saw the little boy "stare" at her. He went up to a boy she was playing with and asked if he could play too. I don't know if the feeling is mutual, but at least he is friendly and kind.

The weird thing is, boys give her gifts. She's gotten candy, bracelets, necklaces.... I was hoping maybe she might be a little flexible and give another guy a chance. Jose? Justin?

But these boys move their markers and can't read.

At least she has good decision making skills.

One little boy at school always tells her he loves her, but then sometimes he pushes her. He has downsyndrome. But she says she doesn't mind (that he pushes her). She loves his hugs and helping him.

This is all so complicated. I never had to deal with anything like it with Christina. But I'm happy Maria talks to me about these things and is open and honest.

Anyways, finally last night in the car, Maria made a decision. She wrote C.T. a note asking to please not call her a stinker anymore and why does he call her a stinker? She signed it Love, Maria. She said she hopes that he writes her a note back.

I ran into his mom today who is one of my really good friends. She said that C.T. felt really bad and was going to talk to her at lunch today. I can imagine her running and hiding to avoid the contact that she so desperately wants.

No comments: