Psalms 145:2 "Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever."
Thursday, November 7, 2013
The Intense Reader
Today I called Ramya and told her to please read these so I could have someone to talk to who's in "the world". I, like her, do not "read". I submerge myself and become part of the world.
Characters become my friends. Romances become comparable to the love I have for Joe. My mind is able to fully picture the setting and action.
And it's funny because I loved to read when I was little. High school and College killed my love and then I'd say Harry Potter brought it back. One thing too, is I like to wait for a series to be finished before I start it. I hate being left "hanging".
So, when I saw that the third book in this series just came out I was way excited. The reviews said it was comparable to the Hunger Games, which I really enjoyed.
I LOVED these books. For the most part. I loved the idea, the development, thinking where I would be placed... definitely Amity. I loved the suspense. The whole Dauntless world and conquering fears bit.
Usually you have a favorite side character, but in this series you really really really become attached to Tris and Four.
I read all three books in 2 days. Yes. I neglected Elijah, but I also went to my Grandma's so he could play with his Yayas. Plus it's important for him to see me love literature. Cough. Cough.
So I'll wait until Ramya finishes to post the rest of my feelings. But Christina and Angela, if you have read these can you please email me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried talking to Joe about it at 3 AM, but he wasn't very responsive. He still hasn't read the Hunger Games. Like who can start the Hunger Games and not finish it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment