Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gingerbread Houses!!!

 
It's that time of year again. When I asked them what their medium was... they screamed CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
Eli was SUCH A GOOD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't eat a single candy (until the very end and then he was sneaking it from the garbage can). He loved loved loved putting together his house and decorating it.


 
Of course, everyone was very creative and artistic! We saved all our junk candy from Halloween and it added such fun color!


 
I really loved this kits this year. I know now to just hot glue the houses together and this year the frosting came premade with fondant!! They loved making trees and bushes. I waited for the daily deal at Michael's and used an additional coupon, so it was very reasonable! Cheaper than baking our own!




 
They worked hard for an hour straight! Sometimes I can't believe Eli's concentration skills. Afterwards they wanted to be dogs. They are the best kids ever!!!

1 comment:

jaacs said...

LOL! I love the dogs drinking with straws. That is super cute. My son asks if he can be a puppy and then just puts his whole face into the plate or bowl. Your "puppies" have such good manners. ;)

Those houses came out great! Good job, kiddos! Impressive the candy consumption didn't happen until the end. We got a train this year and I wonder how long it will take for that to start. lol