Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Saturday With Yaya and Papa

 
Jody had to work Saturday, so my parents were great and we headed off for some fun.
The thing was, coming up with something to do!
We went to Claire's and the girls got $5 to spend. Fortunately they were having one of those 10 for $10 sales, so the girls loaded up on cute stuff. Yaya noticed some beautiful sparkly boxes that happened to be make-up kits. They are gorgeous and make our bathroom so girly and fun!
Anyways, we saved $143... a total of around 80%.
Thanks for the fun treats!!!
 
We got some sandwiches and headed to the park. Unfortunately, Christina's bike had a flat!!




 
A weird event happened at the park. There was a creepy bully (about 5th grade) that was not letting kids down the slide. I confronted him because of what he had asked the girls to do, so they could go down the slide. They were wise and didn't do what he asked, but I was really livid. I actually chewed him out and yelled at him. They are so young and it was such a horrible thing to demand of them. I hate that in this life there are so many... and so young apparently... that are willing to destroy everything virtuous and pure in life.
I honestly hope that the kid gets help. He didn't have parents there, there was just some guy who was totally ashamed and looking down the entire time I chewed the kid out.
The thing is the kid kept on denying what he had done. Christina doesn't lie, neither does Maria... neither could they make up a story like that.
I told the boy (at this point screaming) if you don't take responsibility for what you do in life, you'll end up in prison.
I doubt I had much effect on the kid.
Unfortunately, the kid kind of ruined this park for me. I don't think we'll be going back for awhile.



 
We had tasters at Costco and then relaxed at Yaya and Papa's. The weather was gorgeous and the kids enjoyed playing in the sand as usual.
 
Thanks for such a lovely weekend day Yaya and Papa!!!
BEST. GRANDPARENTS. EVER.




3 comments:

jaacs said...

I'm sorry about the run-in with that kid but I seriously had to laugh. I do the exact same thing. If people aren't parenting their children and they swat at mine or throw rocks at them, you bet they will hear it from me! I don't know what that kid said, but it sounds like something I would talked to him about, too. Maybe something you said will stick with him and he'll think twice before doing that again.

I seriously dislike playgrounds in the city anymore because of those situations. ESPECIALLY during the summer when all the kids are out. Is that awful of me? lol. People bring dogs off leash or smoke ON the playground. Drives.me.BONKERS!!! My happy alternative is to just go to the park on the military base…where people follow the rules and are polite(and keep their dogs on leash).

And on THAT happy note, it still looks like you managed to have fun and I wish we were closer for playdates(and tag-teaming the naughties! haha).

p.s. how you liking that Strider bike for E?

jaacs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaacs said...

OH! I have to share. I was at a park with a homeschool friend and her five kiddos. She had brought bikes for the kids to ride around on. There is a huge grassed area with several soccer fields and some people were there walking their dogs. One lady had her dog off-leash and he ran up and then peed on one of her toddler bikes. TWICE! Thankfully there were no children on it, but the lady just sort of smirked and said, "sorry" and was just walking back to her car. My friend asked her if she was going to clean it up and the lady said my friend obviously had wipes and so she could do it. She also threw out and shouted some obscenities that were pretty awesome, too.

See how it's classy out here, too? You'd feel right at home. Come visit!! :)