Saturday, December 23, 2017

Gingerbread Tradition!!! With a New Twist!!!


Yes. I attempted to make them from scratch!!! After seeing prices rise and thinking that we really never eat them, I thought... why not? I also got a recipe from my baker friend so I knew it would be good quality. I googled and found. Sugar syrup as the ultimate glue!!! (And it is hot!! I got a nasty little blister) I also found a delicious frosting recipe.... so... It seems as if I will be baking gingerbread homes from now on!! Who would have thought!!


We even had enough dough for mini/dog houses and gingerbread families.









Was Eli hyper after this? Why yes. Yes he was.





Everyone worked really hard and had a blast. This frosting was much easier to work with!!




I remember how my mom used to love doing this with her children at school. She ultimately was the one who started this tradition. It's such a beautiful way for children to express their creativity!!



No comments: