Mosiah 13:33-35, "For behold, did not Moses prophesy unto them concerning the coming of the Messiah, and that God should redeem his people? Yea, and even all the prophets who have prophesied ever since the world began—have they not spoken more or less concerning these things? Have they not said that God himself should come down among the children of men, and take upon him the form of man, and go forth in mighty power upon the face of the earth? Yea, and have they not said also that he should bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, and that he, himself, should be oppressed and afflicted?"
I made a goal for the month of December to read the Book of Mormon. I'm getting there and hope I can make it!! I'm in Mosiah reading the teachings of the prophet Abinadi. It has made such a difference in my life this month. Not only that, but I've been studying general conference talks. My soul feels at peace. I feel comforted and hopeful and humbled. God is real. He loves me. He loves all His children.
I was happy to be able to take the kids to this live nativity at the Bishop's farm. It was really well done. I hope that they could feel the spirit there. That they felt the difference between the cold of outside and the warmth of being by The Savior.
This morning I went to the temple. It's been a while, too long and I'm ashamed to say that. I've been trying to distract myself instead of doing what I should do, and that is turning to The Lord. Because that is truly where my peace is found.
I was moved to tears kneeling across the altar, doing sealings, with an elderly man who could barely kneel. His hand shook uncontrollably in my hand. Here is a man who's health has slowly declined but nothing will stop him from serving God. What is my excuse?
I felt so happy in the temple. The light was so bright. There is new art in the changing room too. A mother holding a baby. I needed to see that. I needed that artwork there. To be in God's holy temple where I have been sealed and my children are sealed to me. Where I can remember my sweet little baby Joe and know that life is eternal. That he waits for me.
That this Christmas, I remember a baby who was born who made it possible for my baby to live after he died.
God is good. Ella had climbed on the counter when we baked cookies and said, "You want to know how I did that. JESUS HELPED ME!!!"
Jesus helps us do so much, if not everything. He has made everything, every moment possible. I was telling the kids on the way out, if there is anything I want in this life, it's for them to believe in Christ and follow Him. To make good choices and be kind people with firm testimonies.
A little boy shoved Eli to the ground and sat on him. When Eli asked him to stop and he didn't, Eli came and got him. He had the gall to touch Eli with me watching and Mama bear got a little cross. After that, there was no touching. NONE.
I thought about the hands on the altar today. One hand had the signs of hard work written all over them. Have I used my hands to help as much as I could? I know that I haven't, but I was happy to take my hands and rub my daughters cheek to say goodnight, or clean up a dish or two or twenty today. I was happy to have my hand wrap gifts and tie bows for people we love. I was happy to have my hands call a friend, to vacuum for my grandma. My hands turned the pages of the Book of Mormon, they lit a candle.
I am blessed. And I just pray that I can do what is right. That I can have the strength to be patient. That I can have charity fill my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment