Wednesday, March 5, 2008

T Minus 3 weeks




So. It started in 3rd or 4th grade? I can't remember. Then we became blood sisters (Actually, I can't remember... did we actually ever go through that?) and now we will be mamas together. 15 more years, I'll get cancer and we will have completed the movie "Beaches". I just had to post this picture because you look so darn beautiful... in high heels!

5 comments:

RamyaF said...

I don't think we ever crossed the blood sister line but then, my mom did think we were dating so isn't that just about the same. Yes, I know, high heels. I think it was the only way to make my ankles look skinnier, plus I just sat down the whole time so it wasn't that bad. Do you realize that I know of 3 women that were due either a day or two before or after me and they've ALL had their babies. What the hell. Just b/c I know she won't come until like 2 weeks after her due date and I will be frustrated. But really, I think I'm going to tell the doctor that I need to be induced by March 29th b/c if she's born after the 31st, I can't get her into that daycare at UNLV (which is a must).

RamyaF said...

I would just like to state for the record that Sof and I never did anything to warrant my mother thinking we were dating. I think she bought me some TRASHY lingerie from like walmart as a gag gift, and well, it stemmed from that.

Sofia said...

Train of thought... was it A) a gift to make the Leprechaun think you might have a boyfriend? B) to embarass you C) because I was addicted to pain prescribed narcotics or D) All of the above.
Honestly. It was a symbolic to the future gift John Furby would give me... being the first to drive his honda.

Sofia said...

Then, it all rounds into a circle as he gives you the gift of his mustache and "you as a crush" status at the top of the rotating resturant in AZ. That is what it is all symbolic of. Am I right... or am I right.

jaacs said...

You two are funny. Probably didnt think anyone was going to read all that, did you? HA!

Hey Ramya- I saw your question about how to save digital pics a few days ago and thought that, while it wasnt directed towards me, I'd just throw in my two cents since we just had an issue with this a few months ago.

First, I'm obsessed with my family's photos. Our comp crashed and was down for two months because I refused to risk rebooting the comp and lose all the data on our internal hard drives (it contained..the first two years of Aiko's life in pics...literally...I have more than 6000 pics).

The programs that are out there to recover information usually assume that you can still bring your comp up...when our comp crashed, it would only start in DOS mode (and NONE of these recovery programs work in DOS...we spent a small fortune on two programs before learning that).

What we had to do was take apart our computer...remove the internal hard drive...buy a piece of equipment that allowed us to connect the internal harddrive to a laptop...then connect an external harddrive to the laptop and save everything over to it that way.

We have learned our lesson. EVERYTHING that is even sort of important gets put on the external harddrive. That way, if the computer crashes and we have to reboot and wipe it clean or even if we have to buy a new one...it is no big deal...everything is saved to an external harddrive that only requires a USB to connect.

I would also recommend backing up your saved photos to discs (I save mine to discs that go in our fireproof safe...told you I was a bit crazy).

So...that's my take on the whole matter. :)