Monday, July 21, 2008

The Glorious Pit

Ah, helm's pit. Who would have ever thought that I would actually enjoy coming here! Christina got a "new" bike from savers, that we spray painted pink with glitter. I could have taped it or took it apart and done a nice job, but I'm just a ghetto person. Christina loves it and that's all that matters. I am also going to add some ribbon streamers for her.
The summer months have proved too tempting for us and lately I've been putting the kids to bed around 9. Whether it's outdoor concerts, farmers markets, helm's pit... we are out and about doing nothing but enjoying each other. I often think about my life and how happy I am. I don't have exciting news or pertinent information that happens each day... but I feel like I've "learned to do well" as Isaiah says. (I finally changed the side scripture on the blog.) I take each day as it comes, read my scriptures, make sure my girls hear a chapter or two, hold consistent family and meal prayers, have consistent family home evenings and regularly attend church and the temple. That may not seem like much to the world, but to me it's everything because I know that by following God's commandments true peace and joy are found. (As a side note, I say this not to brag or demean anyone. We do what we can. When I die, I just want my girls to know what was important to me as a mother.)

Awesome articles on motherhood if you need a lift! Or you could just enjoy Maria's face in this picture.

Kinda a "Oh no he didn't." face. Love it.

No comments: