Saturday, December 25, 2010

Library Christmas Celebrations/Busts

Festivities before Christmas included supporting our local library programs. If I had to use 2 words to describe both events it'd be: MOB and LIE.
 Scene 1: What, 100 people?? A couple good books, a lame craft and a seat in Santa's lap.
Fortunately our best little friend was there, so it was all good. We got to play with some "interesting" children from Christina's old Kindergarten class. The mom kinda just left them with us and they had no clue how to play Candy Land. What 6 year old doesn't know how to play Candy Land?

Sorry Ram.... I hope you don't mind I posted them here, then you can copy and paste. I try to send emails but my photo attachments are always too big. You guys are beautiful anyways. 
More beautiful people. 
I just love this coat. It reminds me of college days when all I wanted to do was wear fur coats... fake of course. 
Scene 2: Happy Hana-kwanza-kuh Celebration sans any mention of Hanukkah or Kwanzaa. I must admit... I was super bad this year and taught my children nothing of these 2 celebrations. I was hoping to leave it up to the librarians, however they were incompetent. I mean, why would you have a party entitled that and then have Santa come and do a reindeer craft. Boo.
 
 The story teller was.... ummm.... Let's just say Christina could have done a better job. I know... I am sooooo harsh. But really, I just don't understand why you wouldn't give your heart out while reading to children. Make it so thrilling and exciting that they just love reading and would do anything to get their hands on that book.
One thing I do love is watching these beauties always holding hands. They are so tender. It's my favorite thing in life to know that they adore each other.

Santa: "Didn't I see you yesterday?" And strange thing is he remembered exactly what they wanted!!


No comments: