We tend to have all or nothing days. Days packed with festivity or plop in the playroom and barbie motor home party away....I'll post a video someday....
We played hookie (hooky??) from school and went to school. I feel that gingerbread homes are valid artistic lessons and encourage the creativity process. Plus, it's just tradition.
I'm amazed at how 1 year has brought about so much progress. They did a wonderful job frosting and finding their inner decorator.
But why just do 1 gingerbread house? We headed to the downtown library for more home making! This was sans milk cartons. I felt bad for a little boy who had a spectacular home and it fell apart. They make all the difference.
I hope we don't get ebola. Fingers were in the mouth constantly.... It's just easier than a napkin....
Maria is so funny. Whenever she is concentrating really hard, she'll stick out her tongue. Sometimes she'll even dart it in and out of her mouth like a snake. It's fascinating because she can also roll her R's perfectly.
Downtown library still my favorite, even though there are so many homeless. Just love all the plants, so 70ish but fun.
We caught a showing of Seasons of Light at the planetarium. I love that one. I know it's not the most entertaining, but it really does talk a lot about the birth of Christ and it's beautiful the way they make it like the inside of a dome cathedral. I also love how they talk about the wise men and possibilities of what they saw in the sky, it's truly fascinating.
And lastly we went to Ryan's fashion show/dance party. Of course we were white trash and didn't pay the full admission price.... why help orphans? This year, it was a little more racy and there were kids dressed in very inappropriate costumes. The music at one point was just plain wrong, so unfortunately we had to leave. The dance is very artistic and very much using the body as an instrument, but I can't have my girls thinking it's OK to parade around in outfits like that. I wish Ryan would have just danced. Love my friend, wish I could do more to help him and his cause in life.We dropped at the end of the day of course.
2 comments:
What a busy day. I would like to see that planetarium show some day, but my kids can hardly sit through a 30 minute cartoon at this point. I didn't know Ryan was in town again. Is this a yearly visit?
Your suggestion to use a milk carton for the graham cracker houses has been read and noted in the old brain for next year. Also, I think I might just hot glue them all together...because, really...we just eat the frosting and the candy anyway. lol. Very nice job, ladies!
Post a Comment