Friday, April 15, 2011

Drive-In Firsts!!!

29 years and I don't ever remember coming here. Is it possible I did go as a child? Sure. But I tend to block out bad memories. Reno, thank you. Thank you for having a place like this. I wasn't able to get a picture, but upon entrance there was a sign that had "No Animals, No Drugs, and No Alcohol" with sketches to match. I didn't realize that places need to post signs about not doing drugs.... interesting.

We waited for 15 minutes to get in and the whole time it just filled up. I'm sure because it was a free night. But there must have been at least 700 cars. I felt pretty claustrophobic. They said the mother started at dusk... but 8:20 PM is well after dusk. And can I just say I love my typo- movie verses mother.

Because I was fearful to unlock the car, we spent 3 1/2 hours until we finally decided to head home. The girls did great. It was exciting to eat dinner in the car and people watch. We watched a good 3/4 of Tangled, but then the drive-in's paused the movie and I seized the opportunity. The girls were tired and wanted to go home even though we were all having fun. Especially Joe and I as we were asleep. So we beat the traffic and called it a night! A good night!

2 comments:

jaacs said...

We go to the drive-in a few times each summer. It's not as big as the one in Reno. I went there with the Olsen's on a free night. Definitely get why you would lock the doors. CRAZY! Our's is nothing like that and, to be honest, not sure I'd go regularly (or ever) if it was. Of course, free night and they had lots of extra things, I realize...but still made me a bit nervous. Glad you had a great time, though. :o)

Nevada Lyman said...

I've been there tons but never on a free night so I can imagine it's pretty creepy. I've always wanted to go to the El Rancho swap meet, but I've never had the balls to actually do it. Maybe this summer.