Today marked a glorious day as Christina was spotlighted as the "Sunshine Student" in her class. She was to bring in a bunch of different pictures of her family.
So, usually you don't have to think about these things. But since we have a brother who is on the other side of the veil you always have to think about how others will react. Personally, I don't really care. I have a son. He's temporarily gone. He's my 3rd born. I'll NEVER deny that. I'll NEVER pretend he wasn't and isn't a huge part of my life. How will my daughter handle other's questions or what are her feelings though is another matter.
In our home, we are 110% open and honest. We don't beat around the bush. Christina I found is the same way.
Today was a proud mother moment. Christina wanted to take a picture of her reading to her baby brother. I asked her what she'd say about the picture. I asked her what she would tell the other students. And this is what she said, "This is my baby brother. He loved it when I read to him. He's dead now. But it's OK because I know he will be resurrected and live again ." Someone asked her how he died and she said, "He died while he was sleeping." They asked again how you die in your sleep. She said, "I don't know how you die in your sleep, but God does so that's all that matters." She was such a good little soul, just teaching others around her about Christ and death. My heart is full.
Also, I came outside and found both girls kneeling in prayer. They explained that they had found a dead rollie pollie and were praying that it's family would have comfort and that it would enjoy heaven. Again, my heart full.
4 comments:
She's amazing. They both are. Plain and simple. Congratulations, Christina! Love to all of you!
Wonderful!
This makes my heart happy
I love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment