I honestly don't remember the last 4th of July we spent with Jody.
I woke up everyone at 6AM with NO PROBLEMS!!!
Papa came down and we headed out!!! It was the perfect time to start the hike!! 7:30 AM
Man. I am BEYOND!!!! proud of my sweet kiddos. They did soooooo good.
Not to mention Jody who just started working out again.
Papa. Always a trooper.
The weather was perfect. Just gorgeous. It did start getting hot the last 2 miles of death, but we could do it because... well, we had to.
I want to say that out of the 10.6 mile hike Ella did about 3 miles. She used the poles and did a really steep part, no complaints. Everyone was just phenomenal.
We had plenty of water and snacks. Plenty of breaks too. Maria took a few miles to warm up to the hike.... I'm always happier once I see a genuine smile on her face!
My little boo. She did so good not squirming in the pack so I could carry her. 7 miles total. UP THE SWITCHBACKS!!!!!!
I felt like such a badass, seriously. She fell asleep but woke up to enjoy the view and snack some more.
An appropriate online dating profile picture. You're welcome dad.
Jody did really well. He struggled on the way back, but he did it!!! As I type, he is knocked out dead in bed. I hope he is able to walk tomorrow.
Our first summit of Mt. Rose with all our family!!!!
Christina always so chipper. She was in great shape!
Please don't ask me how this little boy does it. He MADE ALL 10.6 MILES!!!!!!!!!!! 6 years old. Little badass. AND!!!!!!!! He had gone rock climbing with me the night before for 2 hours. (He managed climbing a 5.4 and 5.5 all the way to the top multiple times!!) He didn't complain once. I think he was beyond happy (as we all were) to be together with our Papa and our Daddy.
And my dad, my lifesaver always.... to the rescue with PIZZA after the hike. We were all fried. But it felt so good to eat some healthy food and not have to worry about cooking!!!!!! BLESS YOU FATHER!!!
Such a wonderful day. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much. There aren't words for these moments and days where we can spend time together and enjoy the beauty of the earth. It truly is a taste of what heaven is like here on earth. So grateful to my God who has given me everything.
And to my angel mother and son who caught me the 2 times I tripped with Ella on my back. Not going to front. I owe them big time for watching our backs.
No comments:
Post a Comment