This year marked a new, more personal, reason to go to pride.
I read the most wonderful book, That we may be one, by Tom Christofferson. He is Elder Christofferson's (the apostle) brother.
All paths that have been, or should be
Pass somewhere through Gethsemane
All those who journey, soon or late,
Must pass within the garden's fate;
Must kneel alone in darkness there,
And battle with some fierce despair.
God pity those who cannot say:
"Not mine, but thine"; who only pray:
"Let this cup pass," and cannot see
The purpose in Gethsemane.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
We all have our battles. What do I know?
I know that I want to be there to help anyone I can.
I know that I want to be there to help anyone I can.
I want my children to be there for others. To be the type that other's can lean on.
Plus... the candy was seriously the best candy of any parade we've ever been to. Eli even got a bubble blower.
We love our gay librarians!!!!!!!
We sat in the shade and enjoyed all the sights and sounds.
Happy Pride!!!
And as Joseph Smith once said, "Kindness is my religion."
No comments:
Post a Comment