Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scoops of Kindness


Christina has always been a thoughtful girl, but as of lately I've noticed quite a few things she does that are extra special. One day she was feeding Maria and handing her water so I could do the dishes. I stopped promptly and made an ice cream cone for her, telling her kindness is sweet! So for the past 3 weeks I've been giving her scoops. She was so excited because I couldn't reach the top! We had to have daddy give the last scoop (I think 14 total) yesterday during Family Home Evening standing on tip toes on a chair.

Our FHE was on kindness and we talked about the good Samaritan and Christ healing the Blind Man. We also did a quick game of Hearts Up or Down. I would say something and if it was kind, hearts up. If it was not kind, hearts down. Maria even enjoyed this! Finally at the end we bear testimony. Christina loves to add her's, but she didn't. We went to DQ because she had soooooo many scoops of ice cream they hit the top of our ceiling. While at DQ she blurted out, "I bear testimony that I love you so much Mommy and Maria and Daddy!"

2 comments:

RamyaF said...

Seriously, once your kids are grown you need to open up a preschool. You are such a great example to those kids and I wish I were in Reno just so I could have Amyra learn as much as she can from you. I seriously have no creativity. :(

Natalie N said...

Cutest story ever! Bearing her testimony at DQ... priceless!!