About a month ago the girls started getting a little whiny at bedtime. Granted they were tired. But I wanted bedtime to be a happy time. Plus they would play and sing in bed or the bathroom shower after we expected them to stay in bed and fall asleep.
I tried time outs. And that didn't feel right. They were just playing and being happy. Who am I to punish them for loving each other?
So this is what I came up with! The High 5 chart! It has been the solution! It has worked perfectly for the past 2 weeks. I drew some simple pictures of a child staying in bed and a happy face and a big ear for good listening. And for every night that bedtime went happy and they stayed in bed sleeping, in the morning we put paint on our hand and they high 5 the chart. Once it's all covered, we'll start a new one and Christina asked for ice cream sundaes, so there ya go. It really has made all the difference! Sometimes they jump on the bed with their toothbrushes and all I have to say is, uh-oh... does that earn you a handprint? Ahhh.... thank you Heavenly Father for your inspiration and ideas!
1 comment:
Oh Sof! You are a genius. Truly inspired. I tried to do this with potty training at night and a high 5 every night she woke up without an accident...and we didn't make it until 1am.
Any tips??? I know nightime training is different from day time...and I read that 1/3 of 3year olds will still wet the bed at night...but I just thought I'd ask if you do anything special at night to help this along.
Love ya, Mama!
Post a Comment