Sunday, August 2, 2009

What am I thinking posting this picture...

I know. I look like I'm in labor. Or on meth. But really, I'm in labor. Why might I post this picture? Because it really represents our marriage.

Joe is the best husband and best friend anyone could ever ask for. I'm so blessed to have him as my eternal companion in life and after. I am so weak and he is so strong. He is constantly doing and never complaining. The past 2 weeks have been so smooth and happy because he's been home and doing everything but breastfeeding. I've been able to sleep in every morning while he gets the girls dressed and fed. He stays up to talk to me so the 12:30 feeding can go quicker :) He cleaned the tar off my car so I don't have to drive in shame AND put my hubcap back on. (Although the back window has now broken and won't role up... 2 down, 2 to go....) He's done dishes, laundry and even cooked! He's taken the girls to the park and played lots of soccer outside. He's held the baby and changed diapers. The list goes on and on. He's just always thinking of me and what he can do. I'm constantly bombarded by fresh bottled water while feeding the baby.

I'll miss him when he goes back to work and his busy schedule. This time together has been greatly appreciated by myself. I don't deserve all the love he gives me. But it's because of him and all his support that I'm able to be the type of mother that my mother was to me. He really does remind me of my dad sometimes, sacrificing so that our house can be a home.

2 comments:

jaacs said...

That is awesome. Having them home with you during those first days/weeks really makes a difference. Yay for Daddy's.

jaacs said...

Also, you look great! Nothing more beautiful than a Mama. :)