Sunday, December 2, 2012

Percy Jackson!!

So basically, I thought these books were psychotic. I don't know if the movie swayed me to tipping point. But I was just not a fan. It was way too surreal for my taste and I thought the vocabulary was just too hard. I felt like I was pausing every 5 seconds to answer questions about words. We started Many Waters, which I remember was a favorite of mine when little, but again... it was just so wordy and long. Instead I thought why not try......
 
 
FABULOUS!!! Love. Love. Love this book. Just the right length for chapters. We finished it in a week. We're in the process of making a list of book/movie differences and it's pretty big. We liked the movie but feel it didn't do the book justice AT ALL. Maria was sad they didn't do the bathroom scene where Clarisse gets attacked by toilet water. Nina was sad they didn't do the fates and oracle scenes in the movie. I felt the movie had too many innuendos that weren't appropriate and that weren't in the book. Thank you Hollywood. Also, they grossly fell off plot in the movie. But there you go. The movies are never as good  as the books.

No comments: