Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ward Christmas Party

 
Love these ladies. This year I was in charge of the Christmas Play at church. It was great!! I think the kids had a lot of fun. It turned out a little long, about 18 minutes... but we did have some issues with smaller kids not wanting to do lines and getting props on stage, so that easily added in time.
 
It was ambitious. I wrote the script. Things I learned:
1.Write something shorter.
2. Working with the young women is great! They proved to be up to the task and did a great job.
3. The stake center only has outlets for 2 microphones.
 
 
Eli with his best buddy Bob Bob. I never had a kid cry when mommy came to take them away. He reaches back for Papa. He loves him and could stay with him always!!

 
This is only a few of the kiddos. We had about 40 there. A few kids really did shine.
It was fun providing the opportunity for them to develop their talents.
My first play as a director!!! I must admit, I had a blast. I'm glad I studied under the best. The Lorentzens and Kathy King and Susan Wiliams all provided such great opportunities for me as a teenagers. I freely admit I have a lifetime and might be dead before I ever become as good as them!!

No comments: