So I tried to get to Mom's grave on the 25th, but of course the gate was shut.
I was able to do sealings in the temple and was so happy because one of the names was for a Christina. I think it was God smiling down on me, a tender mercy.
Me and Ella visited the day after, brought some flowers, and cleaned up the geese poop. We said a prayer of thanksgiving.
It makes me so happy to have no regrets with my mom. We loved each other more than words could say. Every single day we told each other how grateful we were for each other. Don't get me wrong, we had our moments.
But through thick and thin, my mom was ALWAYS there for me.
I never doubted her steadiness. Her love.
And I still don't.
I know God loves us and that she is close by.
A love so strong doesn't just disappear.
She's everything to me. She is light and goodness. She is joyous memories.
She was truly my best friend. And I'm so blessed to be able to say that.
She was my number one cheerleader.
Oh mom. I wanted to do something special and I thought about how she loved going on to greekgetaways.com on facebook. She used to love the memes. So, in honor of my beautiful and fabulous mother:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right?? Thank goodness Papa is Greek by marriage!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not even joking, I use oregano on everything. So do my kids.
This. This!!! This is what my Yaya says to ME EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!
Gold Coin Greek Mom. Gold Coin!!!
SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!
ANASTASSATOS. 12. BAM.
Love you mom. Not a day goes by when I'm not thankful for all you did for me in this life. And now on the other side of the veil. You are the most special and beautiful person. I wish I could just hug you, but I know when I die, it will be all the sweeter to have you be the first one to greet me with Baby Joe.















No comments:
Post a Comment