Sometimes life is not easy. Sometimes it's really hard.
Sometimes time squeezes every emotion out of me and I feel like I don't know how to go on.
But then I wipe the tears, take a deep breath, and remember, I don't have to be alone.
I have so many family and friends who love me.
And most importantly, I have God.
I have a Father in Heaven who lifts me and helps me in unexplainable ways.
And I feel like as this happens, I want to be closer to God.
I feel closer to God when I'm in the mountains.
I feel peace, I feel comfort.
We woke up on a Saturday morning with the day free ahead of us. I decided that I wanted to take the kids to Tahoe for some easy hikes.
We were very happy that as we told Joe our plans, he decided to join us.
It was lovely. It was fresh air. Kind people on the trail. Lots of sticks and "jails" of wood to keep the kiddos interested.
The girls just tell each other stories and go into their own world.
Eli shoots things with branches.
Ella sings on my back.
This is the world highest lighthouse!! Because of the elevation it sits closer to the heavens than any other lighthouse. I thought that was pretty cool. Although, the kids were a little surprised.... it wasn't a lighthouse from a book.
It was quote, "A garden shack."
But the view was stunning. Lake Tahoe is just a jewel or creation. Such a soaring feeling when you look at it, it makes you just want to jump in and enjoy.
We also had a picnic lunch!!
No comments:
Post a Comment