Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cousin Cookie Decorating Party

It was exciting to throw a little holiday party for our family!

It was my first attempt in the realm of sewing aprons and my hope is that no one will look closely. I can't sew a straight line if you paid me. Maybe with practice. :) Plus something was wrong with the machine and the one side of my stictch was loose. It was annoying. But now I feel a sense of wanting to overcome my handicap so 2013 I think I will dedicate myself to become a better sewer. We shall see. We shall see. There is such a sense of accomplishment when you see something your hands have created.

 
We were supposed to have 11 cousins altogether, but a few couldn't show up at the last minute. We were sad, but the company that did come were fabulous!!




Here we are with cousins A & M. Maria was in 7th heaven. She has missed Miss A a lot since preschool. She told me at night we have to see them way more often. I agree.




Is he not the cutest baby!!!!!!! Love Teefy!! He's so laid back and calm.



Cousins G & E. Such sweet little boys.
 
By the end of the night the kiddos were exhausted!!! I could tell Maria wanted to sleep, however she would keep doing shots of sprinkles and it would give her 5 more minutes of energy until the next shot.
 
Fun times!!!

1 comment:

jaacs said...

That's so fun!! How great to have so many cousins so close in age and nearby!! I feel bad for my kiddos...they have all of four cousins (one being a 6month old and one twice their age) and they live two days away! This is fantastic for all of them!! Such great memories to be made together and bonding.

And Maria taking sprinkle shots has me cracking up. What a cutie. Must.stay.awake! :)