Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End of the Year Musings- We loved you 2014!!!

2014 was a good year.

To go through and pick top highlights would just be too hard. Of course, having our Sweet Ella come was the best part of the year. As the times flies, it is such a privilege to watch the children grow and develop. We have a fine bunch, yes we do!! Ella is a mommy's girl. It's so amazing and rich to think of the bond I have with my babies. I'm grateful to breastfeed and be there for them. It's like they are a part of my soul and being. Happiness is holding my babies. Giving them kisses. Talking to them and seeing them smile and discover birds and butterflies!

Confucious said, "Learning without reflection is a waste. Reflection without learning is dangerous."

I feel like it was  year full of new learning. One big thing that happened toward the end of year was our choice to go Vegetarian. The girls and I have now been meat free for almost 3 weeks. We want to make healthy choices. I still want the girls to be flexible and not feel any pressure, however we all have empathy toward these beautiful animals that aren't being treated right. How can we be a part of something so wrong and cruel? I'm hoping to continue educating myself about where food comes from and eventually see if I can go Vegan.

I almost finished the Doctrine and Covenants this year. I'm in the hundreds and have found the Institute student manual invaluable. I've really felt the spirit as I have read and developed a new love for the early saints and all they had to endure. I did finish Jesus the Christ. My understanding of His life has definitely grown and my appreciation for Him is beyond verbalizing.

The girls were in Gifted and Talented classes this year. Christina is being challenged nicely. Maria is still way advanced and continues to do work under her level. We compensate at home as much as possible. Their memory is wonderful. I was quizzing them about authors and was proud of all they could remember! Watch out Jeopardy!! Most important, I'm proud of their gospel knowledge. They know all the articles of faith, main points of scripture stories.... they read scriptures nightly and continue to ask thoughtful questions or make insightful comments.

Elijah! Oh dear. This boy!!! 3 years old and reading. He definitely is learning differently from the girls. Much more energy required for concentration! However, he teaches himself and he does so quickly. He is the funniest little thing EVER! He is so well behaved and nice. Everyone who meets him falls in love with him. He really is just the coolest. He is UPTOWN FUNK!!!!!!!!!

Family, as always, is my greatest treasure. Not a day goes by, that I don't have joy because of my wonderful family.

Our talents in art seem to be growing. I am so grateful for the internet and the sharing of ideas. Our home definitely benefits from all that is out there and is strengthened by the knowledge of others.

Good friends fill our lives too. A comfortable home. Cars that run and a job that Joe excels in.

Yes, 2014 was a good year and we are always so blessed.

Thank you Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, my sister! ;) I know you guys are super important to me, and I'd be lost without you... Your love and your patience. I love you! Happy New Year!