Just a couple quotes from Mr. Elijah.
Me: You are such a good helper. Thank you for getting on your jammies.
Elijah: Yeah, of course. I'm chewbaca. That's what chewbaca does. He helps.
**
All of the sudden I hear a weird noise in the bathroom. There is Eli's bare bottom and he's plunging the toilet.
Me: What are you doing?
Eli: I'm unclogging the toilet.
And he did.
Duh, mom.
**
In the car, I start singing along to Inner Circle's Bad Boys song (cop theme).
Eli: STOP SINGING!!
Me: Why? Why can't I sing? I love this song.
Eli: YOU'RE BEING HYPER!!! YOU'RE HYPER HYPER!!!
**
We're getting ready for bed and Elijah is not wanting to go to bed.
Me: Well then the next time we go to Dairy Queen, you aren't going to get a cone.
(running to bed) Eli: Ok!!! I don't want another water.
One time he had pushed his luck and we were at DQ. I felt so bad, but I had warned him. At the last second I got him an ice water instead of a cone. He was actually really really excited for the water. But the lesson has always remained with him I guess!
**
Elijah is really loving The Polar Express book! He requests it daily.
**
There is a game that Christina taught us, "This is the game of concentration, no repeats or hesitations, category is..." You link hands and push back and forth and on each push have to say something based on the category chosen. So of course, the most common category is Harry Potter.
Eli wanted to play and by goodness, he did SPECTACULAR!!! He got Harry, Ron, Hogwarts, Quidditch, Wands, Hermione, Hagrid, Snape, Dumbledore, Gryfinndor, Whomping Willow, and Dobby!!! I'm sure he knows a lot more too, because every night I read, he listens and asks questions!!
2 comments:
Hey That's awesome! We are still reading Prisoner of Azkaban. Amyra loves it!
Good for him! Such a smartie! We are making our way through Azkaban, too. The idea was to watch the movie after finishing each one, but we are too impatient to wait around for Mommy to find the early movies, so the demand is to keep on going. You guys are inspiring. :)
Post a Comment