Friday, May 30, 2008

Burning Man Special Vs. Lost

So I was debating whether I should post about Lost or the Burning Man special I watched last night... and my native pagan festival won out. I mean, really, what do I say about Lost. I'm still confused? I still don't know what the point is? I'm still watching just because I feel Sayid is luscious. Not as luscious as Joe... of course. But honestly, I'm just annoyed with it all.



Burning Man is a very interesting occurrence that happens out in the black rock desert of Nevada. It usually is around labor day, but for some odd reason the special was on last night. I've never been, but I've had many friends and family members that have gone. If I had to describe it in 3 words I would choose drugs, free-love (does that count as one word?), and fire.


Basically, from what I've heard and seen around town as people prepare to go up... it's a bunch of hippies and young druggers who dress up in anything neon, mesh, fur, or body paint... make their hair all crazy... and camp out in the 100 degree heat of the desert for a week, dancing and burning the nights away in cocaine haze and ash.


But really what I enjoyed was that the special tryed to portray it as this help one another and grow in love for the human race type event. I'm sure there is a lot of growing in love... and STDs for that matter. It also talked about how it is one of the most anticipated events in the whole state. Scary. As I watched them burn the man, which is supposedly symbolic of a renewal of life, all I could think about was what was literally happening. They were burning a body. They were engaging in many things that were harmful to the body and then, they were burning a body. Hello, can it be any more simple.


Watching the people dance around like lunatics with pink hair and parade around in neon sea horse cars did make for interesting thought for the night. I just pray my posterity will never attend this rancid happening.

2 comments:

RamyaF said...

I too think Sayid is hot and I feel disturbed b/c he is Indian. Hmm. But now that you have said that you think he is tastey, I don't feel as creepy. Or maybe I should b/c my cousin Dylan gets confused for him all the time in England.

Sofia said...

Why do you turn my world upside down. He is not Indian. He is from Iraq. Hello. And why do you always have things for your relatives... you officially surpass Green Eyes in Africa staring at us through the door of key club carson city gathering.