Ever since I was little, Uncle Hobey was one of the funnest and funniest people I knew. When we went to the bay area he'd drive us around in a great surburban and take us 100 MPH (or so I thought as a kid) through the rainbow tunnel before the Golden Gate. My favorite though were the boat rides on the bay, pure heaven. He owned a boat shop in Marin County CA and no clam chowder was even comprable to his.
He was always giving and always making sure we were having a blast. He had a leg amputated and when a kid asked how, he told him a shark ate it. He said what was on his mind, he lived life the way he wanted to. He recently was at the ER in Reno, the day Nono died, and had the doctors and nurses just all loving him. Everyone loved him. Even at the ER, he wanted his kids to enjoy the night and didn't "bother" them with his need to go back to sea level. His family was the world to him, it was easy for all of us to see.
My Aunt Sheila described it as just a big hole of her heart and life gone. Uncle Hobey passed away almost a week ago now.
There's so much I wish I could say or write. I'm so inadequate. I love my Aunty Sheila so much. I love Erin. I love Dustin. I mourn for your loss, I mourn for the hole that's in the world now because he's gone.
2 comments:
Oh Sof, Uncle Hobey. I only met him a few times but I always loved his name and feel really bad for Erin. How sad. What a crazy time for you but at least you can rest assured that they are in a better place. So my phone is officially gone. I'm getting a new one shipped to me tomorrow so I will update you with the haps then. Hope Jody is okay. Wait, isn't your anniversary tomorrow or something. Happy Anniversary. I'm hope Jody is out of the hospital and please video tape Marie screaming "more". That is seriously priceless.
I can't believe that Uncle Hobey is gone also. You all continue to be in our prayers and thoughts.
I thought today was your anniversary. No? Eek. I'm blanking. Happy Anniversary either way.
I hope that Jody is recovering all right. Chris does pretty well when he is in pain...but when he has the sickies and is puking...I do have to 'mother' him a bit. I absolutely don't mind. Like your husband does for you, mine takes pretty good care of me when I'm under the weather. Hope he gets well soon, though. :)
We love you!
Post a Comment