Saturday, May 31, 2008

Free Speech and Hearing Testing


Today in the newspaper, there was an ad for a free speech and hearing test for 3 to 15 year olds. I figure, why not? So I took Christina and surprise... she is advanced for her age.

Tests included flash cards and her identifying words... which she did, in English and (some)Greek. She also was able to tell them the first letter of each word and what sound that letter makes.

Then they had her look at some pictures and answer questions. My favorites included:

Pathologist: How is the boy drinking water?
Christina: Like a normal person.


Pathologist: Why is the boy drinking water?
Christina: Because he needs to be hydrated.


Pathologist: How is the girl throwing the ball?
Christina: Nicely. She doesn't want to hurt her daddy.


Pathologist: When is the Mom washing the dog?
Christina: When the soap is on the dog.


She is bloody brilliant!!! I love it!!

3 comments:

RamyaF said...

She really is freaking brilliant. She should be on Oprah's most genius kids or something. Get her tested for Mensa!!

jaacs said...

I was just thinking Mensa, too. Wow, what a smart kid.

'Because he needs to be hydrated'. I love her to pieces!!

Katie said...

Duh! Was there any doubt that she wasn't advanced??? That girl's a smartie!