On the eve of Cinco de Mayo, exactly 6 years ago, my hub and I were sealed for time and all eternity. It was a happy day... a day of love and support and bliss! It seems like most days with Joe are like that. We had 400 people or so at our reception and it was a great party. Good food, cake and entertainment. It seems like yesterday.
But I really believe that we've loved each other longer than the 7 years we've known each other. Perhaps I'm a sap, but he's my soulmate. Again, words fail me.
Sometimes, I feel like it was a mistake to marry him, because I'm just not as good a person as he is. I feel like he deserves better. But I'm very grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with a miracle to show me that we were meant to be married for eternity. Joe and Sofia. The night before we were getting married I was to get my endowment, something you need in the temple before you are sealed. We had gone to the Atlantis for lunch and I forgot my purse with my temple recommend in it. 2 hours before the endowment session. The bishop was out of town, it would have been impossible to get another recommend in time. At casinos, if you forget something, sorry charlie... it's gone. I was devastated and knew that this was God telling me we weren't to be married. It was a sign.
But Joe calmly drove me to the Atlantis, we checked the buffet, it wasn't there. I walked out, ready to walk out on our engagement. There were a lot of tears and I ended up telling him I was leaving him. I got in the car and sobbed some more. Well, 10 minutes later Joe comes running out with my purse, temple recommend and all. He had checked at hotel security and it just happened to be there. It was a sign, that it was meant to be.So in times when he's taken out the trash, cleaned the dishes, played with our children and inspired me by just being who he is. I think of God's miracle and realize that life is how it should be. Lucky me!!

1 comment:
Woo-hoo! Happy 6 years! What a great couple you are. Thankfully Joe found your purse that fateful night. What a relief!
Post a Comment