Sunday, July 24, 2022

Breakfast at the Acropolis


What exactly is the acropolis? The Parthenon? These are things we should know but did not. Upon a good search, the acropolis is the hill and area where the ancient Greeks built buildings dedicated to their gods. The Parthenon is the ancient temple dedicated to Athena, the virgin goddess of wisdom. Sure, could we have taken a tour? But I knew better.

As a mother, I have sense. I knew there was no shade. It's hot and there is no reason to be unhappy in Greece. I just googled all the information and voila, it's in the blog book for reference. We were there for the pictures and the amazing view.

It was a little bit of a walk, the line wasn't too bad because we got there RIGHT when it opened. It wasn't overly crowded and we were able to do 1 hour before the heat started to get to us. Below the Parthenon was a great little street of eating and touristy shopping. We were shaded and able to enjoy the yummiest ginger drink!

Because of the heat, the humidity, and day trip to the beach before, the kids were ready to rest and call it a day. I find that in order to have a successful trip, you need balance. Go but rest when needed!! 

























































 

No comments: