Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Sun is my Life Bringer. Thira to Oia, best run of my life.


Is it weird to say I have such a healthy appreciation for my life bringer. I am so humbled by the energy and power she brings. This sunrise brought the most beautiful runners flow of my life. After a week and half of no running, I wondered how I would do. NOT BAD!!! If I do say so myself. I wasn't sure how the hills would work out, but I'm not ashamed to say I had to walk up and down A LOT of stairs. You can't run those stairs, you'll fall into the sea. Santorini Dave had the layout and Jay had all his information ready for us. We started out strong and I was grateful that Jay is a biker and not a runner so I didn't have to keep up. I took a detour to Skaros rock which was absolutely a one of a kind life experience. It's like standing on the edge of the world and looking out into the eternities of the ocean. The air is so easy to breath and you don't know which is more beautiful, the sky or the sea.

At Skaros rock, Jay and I diverged paths. I wanted the extra 2 miles, but I just didn't know the route and got lost a little. We caught up eventually and I was forced to learn apple map sharing. Good skill to know!! I made a friend along the way. A nice lady who was walking the path. I caught up to Jay and we took some great pictures with an Australian lady. I was surprised by how many women were just by themselves... kind of like me. Ha.

It truly was the best way for me to personally discover Santorini. Oia was beautiful, a little more "romantic get away" than Thira. So I'm glad we were close to Thira. Jay and I saw stray cats, didn't have near enough water, and had to wait a long time for the local bus. What is a local bus in Santorini like? Is it mangy like the strays and you sit in no air conditioning? Glad you asked! It's actually a TOUR BUS maxed out in comfort. We almost missed the bus because we couldn't believe that was it!!

It was nice to catch up with my cousin and get advice on things. He has done an amazing job navigating life and finances and I look up to him. He didn't have it easy losing both his parents before he was a teenager. But he made it and did his best, and he definitely succeeded. 


































 

No comments: