Before Joe had 3 jobs (Thank you Govenor Gibbons... boo to you texting your mistress with government funds and then cutting the education budget by $6 million), you could often find me and my children in lawn chairs in the driveway around 6ish. We would eagerly await the coming home of daddy, run to him and sing "Daddy's homecoming" from the children's primary songbook. However, I never really knew the words so we'd sing, "Wrap my arms around his neck and then I go pee." Because I couldn't think of anything that could rhyme with the previous line ending in knee. When daddy came home, we were complete!
Now, times have changed, but that excitement is still there when we're able to see daddy before bedtime! The girls run to him and hug him tight!! Our daddy is so patient. He never raises his voice. He always cleans the house and is the ultimate organizer. He reads to our daughters often. He talks to our daughters about education everyday. He listens and gives wise words, plenty of food for thought. He is a hard worker and provides everything for us. Not only that though, he never questions what I'm doing with his hard earned money. He is always encouraging me to give no matter what because it's good for our daughters to see. He is the head of our home, he leads us in righteousness and is a holder of the Melchidezek Priesthood. Meaning, he lives his life in such a way that he can call down the blessings of heaven to benefit our home, whether it be healing or comforting or inspiration or for many other things. For that, I love him more than words could ever possibly express. We have been sealed for eternity by proper authority in God's holy temple, and as we strive to live in accordance with God's commands and uphold the covenants we've made in that sacred place, we have found peace that can be found nowhere else. We have found joy that can be found nowhere else. I'm so grateful to be sealed to this wonderful wonderful man. He's destined for greatness, he is greatness. Happy Father's day Joe!
No comments:
Post a Comment