Monday, June 16, 2008

Our First Sparks Farmer's Market

30 minutes in 102 degrees, waiting for the bus in the wrong spot.
The bus ride! Fantastic! A man with 30 tattoos carried my stroller for me and his drop dead gorgeous Asian wife held Christina's hand to help her down the stairs. There are still good people out there!
Playing in the downtown free fountains instead of the $5 for 2 minutes bounce house.
The real reason we really went to farmer's market. Just to ride the bus... for free. And get the free fruit samples. I couldn't believe, it was actually pretty big! (theme: free) There must have been at least a thousand people there.
Then we came home, the palletero man was stalking us so I succumbed. That spiderman icee popsicle thing was the grossest thing I've ever tasted in my life. The girls were getting a kick out of the face I made each time I took a lick and then the ensuing vomit sounds. Ew. Am I being a bit of a vocab snob? 2 readers digest type words in 1 paragraph!
* As a side note, this was my first bus trip with both girls by myself. I know. I'm such a wimp. But it actually went really well! We ate at in and out and it was a crack up to see Maria just enjoying dipping her fries in ketchup and then eating them. She's so dainty... at times.

1 comment:

jaacs said...

I wasn't aware of the Forbush blog. Or that Sherrah had started one. I lost touch after I cancelled my myspace acct. What are the addresses?