Monday, June 23, 2008

Tsk Tsk AOL News

When I went to check my email today I spied a thing on religion. This article talked about how America is pretty tolerant of religion and gave stats of the largest groups in America. Well the largest was Christian at 78.4% and then listed separately was Mormon at around 2%. (To see the fairly uninteresting article which didn't even bother to check major facts about my religion click here.)

BOO! HELLO!!

AOL authors need to become a little more versed in what they are writing!!!

"Mormons" is not our official name. We are The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints. We believe in the bible. We believe in the book of Mormon as another testament of Jesus Christ, after he was resurrected and came to people in the Americas. We believe in baptism for the remission of sins. We believe that families can be together forever. We believe in prophets and apostles as was had before and in the days of Christ himself. Our beliefs are simple and straightforward. I share my beliefs with others because I like to spread happiness.

So basically, AOL, Mormons are Christian. He is our Saviour, He is our Lord. Get it straight before you go spreading misinformation.

2 comments:

mb said...

isn't there a new site called jesuschrist.lds.org?

jaacs said...

I heard about the poll but didn't know about the different classification for our church. Tolerant my foot! Can't even get their facts straight.